The old MostarTabhana was built in the mid 16th century, at the place where the river Radobolja flows into the Neretva. The tanners moved to the present-day tannery, the Upper or Large Tabhana, before 1664. Because of the smeli of the leather, the tanners' guild was the only one that had its own mosque. The Tabačica (Hajji Kurt) mosque was built in the 16th century on a branch of the Radobolje, which it spanned with two stone arches, leading to its being known as "the mosque where the imam is in the dry and the congregation in the wet: The Cejvan bey hammam stands by the mosque.
- Additional info
- Typology: Semi closed old part of the town with handicrafts shops
- City Zone and Address: Tabhana
- Entrance: Free of charge
- How to get here: Pedestrian zone
- Parking: 100 m
Spring and autumn seasons are recommended.